Friday, October 12, 2012

Fashion Friday Continues

My name is Vicki Parks. I go by Vicki Vixxen in the modeling world. Everywhere else, I'm just Vicki. Twenty-four years ago, I was born on a little island known as Okinawa, Japan. My family moved back to the states when I was one. I haven't left the east coast since. (Yeah, I know, we need to fix that.) I grew up on the stage. I was dancing and modeling by age 3. I picked up martial arts when I was 11. Two years ago, I graduated with my BS in Film, Video and Theatre from Stevenson University. There's a smattering of musicals and short films throughout that whole history, and even my present. Something new comes my way every day. It's definitely not a boring life. Projects Waiting on Release: Ninjas vs. Monsters (Premiering October 14 at Spooky Films Festival) Jedai (Premiering online in the 10th Annual Lightsaber Choreography Competition) Inversions II (TBA) Future Projects: I take a hiatus from auditioning and modeling during Maryland Renaissance Festival. Right now, I have nothing. However, I am discussing some options with photographers and I have an audition on Monday, October 8. Fingers crossed! Facebook: www.facebook.com/VickiVixxen Model Mayhem: www.modelmayhem.com/VickiVixxen
ACCESS DMV Interview Questions for Vicki Vixxen Parks ADMV: Which is more fulfilling? VVP: What an interesting question. I have directed in the past, but I never really liked it. That is the least fulfilling for me. Acting and modeling are really the same thing in my book. My modeling style is rather unconventional: I either have it set up as a scene and the photographer directs me, or I "flow," which is basically dance in slow-mo. ADMV: Some of your photos are very dramatic, do you suggest the style of the shoot or the photographer? VVP: The theme for each shoot is chosen in a different manner. Sometimes, a photographer says something about needing models because they have this incredible idea and I'll volunteer to fill a slot. Occasionally, the idea is a collaborative effort between myself and the photographer. Sometimes, I work with a group of artists known as Maryland Artists in Motion (MAiM), and we'll bounce ideas off of one another from the initially proposition of a concept, straight through the preparation and costume making process, and on into the shoot itself. ADMV: Ninjas vs. Monsters is a highly anticipated film. Tell me about your involvement in the film. VVP:In Ninjas vs. Monsters, I play Abigail, on of three witches the Ninjas must wage battle against. Abigail is a shapeshifter; she can take on the form of any person she can see. This was an absolutely incredible role. I got to work with the wonderful PJ Megaw and Daniel Mascarello for all of my fight scenes. Jay Saunders is a great sport. I know I accidentally hit him a couple of times. Justin Timpane is a phenomenal director and great guy to be around. He helped me to grow a lot during the filming process. I did my own make up for the film, as I do for almost all of my modeling endeavors. Rarely, I joined the make up crew and did make up for other people. I am so excited for the premier!This is what happens when you put an awkward, nerdy girl in front of a camera. Who knew? <333!

No comments:

Post a Comment