Friday, October 19, 2012

FASHION FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT FEATURED MODEL

I'm a freelance plus size model in the DC, MD, VA area with runway and some print experience. I'm a rookie in the modeling game, I just started modeling in July of 2012! I'm professional, positive and loving this modeling journey.   People can follow me and my Plus Model journey by liking my Facebook page www.facebook.com/KristinaDeniseModel, following on Twitter @_KristinaDenise and Instagram TinaPics1. Most importantly for bookings email KristinaDeniseModel@gmail.com   So far I have appeared in...   Style Files: Styling You September 2012 (Featured Model in Premiere episode of YouTube Show) http://youtu.be/46v_CC5Q1P0 Macys Fashion Show for the cure  - August 2012 Curves Rock Fashion Weekend - July 2012 www.curvesrockweekend.com Tropical Divas Runway Show July 2012   On the horizon...   Ivie Rose Boutique website relaunch featured model- (Photoshoot was October 14, 2012 and web will relaunch soon.) Full Blossom Magazine - shot group photo shoot spread in September 2012 for what I'm told is a January 2012 release T Rose International Bridal Show - Baltimore, MD October 28, 2012 http://www.trosebridalshows.com/ Selected as the Face of Sylk Cosmetics Winter 2012 line - coming Winter 2012
ADMV: When did you begin modeling? KD: I began modeling in July 2012 so I'm a rookie in the modeling game. ADMV: Is there difference in the criteria being a plus size model and what size is considered plus size? KD: Plus size modeling usually starts at a size 10, however many designers consider a plus size to be anything over a size 6! 
Most Plus Size model agencies recommend you be  5' 9'' - 6' 0''  tall and toned. However there are certainly successful plus size models who are  5 ' 8" and even 5' 7".  You just have to work even harder.   It's generally accepted that  size 14/16  plus models will receive the most work; however that is changing up as more and more curvy women demand advertising that looks like them.  So you are starting to see more brands embrace size 18 and up. You will find plus size models in many different modeling categories.  Plus models, or as I refer to us, Curvy Divas, model for plus designers, do catalog work, editorial,  commercial , online campaigns and fit modeling. In short Plus Size Models do everything that "straight" models do, just with more curves! :-)  Of course it helps to have nice skin, hair and a positive attitude!   ADMV: Do you think plus size modeling will become the norm in the modeling industry? KD: I don't think there should be a "norm" in the modeling industry. No two women are exactly alike, we come in different shapes, sizes, colors and we are all real women. There are size 18 women and size 0 women, we're all real and we ALL deserve to be represented.    I believe you will see plus size modeling become more mainstream, as the fashion industry catches up with reality. The average American woman is a size 14 and plus sizes make up 67 percent of the population, according to Plunkett Research, a Houston based research firm. Plus sized women's apparel is a 15.4 billion dollar industry. 15.4 Billion! As the demand for plus size clothing grows, so will the demand for plus size models.  ADMV: There is a certain confidence you exude on the runway. when you are walking the runway what are your thoughts? KD: Don't Fall!!! lol  First, thank you for that compliment. Actually, when I'm on the runway I think a lot about the clothes, how can I best sell this outfit? Is there a feature that needs to be shown, for example, if a dress  has pockets, I'll play with that, a hood, I'll work that into my walk.   Honestly, when I have on an amazing designer, fierce hair, fierce make up and killer shoes, it's hard to feel any thing other than fabulous. Modeling, especially runway has been such a feel good experience for me. Trying on the clothes is like trying on different characters, for those 30 seconds that I rip the runway, I'm in another world. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment